Wednesday, May 24, 2006

i wanna paint

Oh it would be so nice to paint. Now that we have docks spanning the length of both sides of the ship, really the only thing I have to do is get out there with a scraper and pick away at it all.

I had started pulling staples from the walls and scraping off the paint from the wheelhouse. I have some patching to do up in the eves there. I don't know what that would be called on a boat so I call it the eves like on a house. Problem is I'd also like to paint the new undersection of the roof there too. We need to insulate the wheelhouse a bit better as there is a heck of a draft that comes from there we notice. You can also see where the heat from inside the boat meets with the cold outer air as underneath it is already looking black with mildew.

It would be nice to find a spot and just focus on it to finish it but alas that just seems such an impossible task. I start to look for a tool and then something distracts me from that and I end up doing something completely separate from what I had originally focused on. Then next thing I know an hour or two has passed and there is still that thing I had already started on up there waiting for me...

So much to do before we can even thing of making it pretty.

1 comment:

IsmilebecauseIhavenoideawhatsgoingon said...

Thats a good looking ship you've got yersen..
seb