Saturday, September 16, 2006

it's like a sauna here

I have escaped from a cool and rainy Vancouver, BC for a very hot and humid Austin, Texas. Whoo-wee is it humid. I don't even remember Hawaii being this humid but perhaps my memory is short. And I didn't pack enough skirts.

My workmate and I are here for the University and College Designer's Conference. We met a fellow conference attendee on the plane and he happened to be staying at the Crowne Plaza too so we hitched a ride and I navigated for him. Jared is from Oregon State University and works for their Foundation/Alumni Association. It was a dead give away on the plane when he started telling a collegue on the phone, "They cut off my artwork, they must at the very least keep that text there at the bottom of the page! I don't know what is wrong with these people?!" Or words to that effect to which when he finished I said, "So...you're a graphic designer?" And Tracey and I chuckled along with him, shaking our heads in professional sympathy.

But we have to hit the mall. I forgot floss, my toothbrush, moisturizer and my camera of all things.

No comments: