Sunday, January 28, 2007

Need...more...power...

We've been having issues with the hydro. As in, not enough between the four boats and all the other boats.

We applied to BC Hydro to get another service installed as Greig wants to ensure there is enough hydro to run a electric fire pump. We know that in an emergency having one here vs. waiting for the City of Richmond to show up would just be all the wiser. However, BC Hydro policy says one service per address. They are going to bump up the service instead I believe. We have a working diesel firepump downstairs in the generator room on the Bowie but an electrical back up would be wise if that old genny don't start.

Fortunately there was an unused breaker in the big barn up behind Neil and Linda's shop (Fancy That Designs). Greig has been busy running new tek cable (or is it tech cable?) and shore power leads to the Partnership, the Bowie and the Express. The Partnership is now on its own metre and he
upgraded it to 220 amp today. I have only been using space heaters, trying to get the paint to dry.

I am progressing in there quite well though not as fast as I would like. I just finished the second coat of floor paint in the galley. I put up some mouldings today. I am a bit stalled until Mr. Billyard can help me with the rounded door frame and re-hang the bathroom door. I have to put together the vanity and finish installing the GFI outlet and switches for the bathroom light and the fan.

Eventually, when the roof is replaced I hope to put in a smaller woodstove as that other thing just took up too much floor space. Greig thinks I should put in this ivory Jotul so that it will match nicely with the beadboard walls I put up. I am leary of white though...Maybe something will come up on the craigslist again when I can afford it.

Again, another busy day.

No comments: