Friday, February 16, 2007

Just like a hot knife thru buttah

Dave and Greig, well, mostly Dave, have been working on cutting out one of eight fuel tanks. It is a messy and mucky job. They have a big fan down there to disperse the smoke from the plasma cutter. The first cutter broke and we had to schlep back out to Coquitlam to replace it. Still, it beats the heck out of having to be doing all this with oxygen and acetylene tanks and ultimately, much cheaper Dave assures me.

Dave's cuts are quite straight and clean. He is a professional after all. Apparently Greig's "look like I am suffering from Parkinson's." All craft takes time to perfect honey. There should be lots of scrap metal left over for all to practice our plasma cutting techniques.

And I have photos! Though it is not that it is easy to tell what you are looking at. The telephone line is down again and I have to replace the main line coming from shore so I will up date with pics when I get the new line in and pics off the camera "Round tuit".

1 comment:

Greg and Jamie said...

OoooooH! OOOOooooh! I want to play with a plasma cutter too!!! I don't even know how it works, but it sounds ultra-high tech! Very cool toy, you guys!