Saturday, February 24, 2007

Some perspective

When the Jamie and Greg from the KJ came to visit they took this great shot of the Bowie and Partnership. It was such a such a nice sunny day.

I guess there is a part of me that is a bit afraid too show all the photos as the place is just so messy. I figure it doesn't have to be fancy, it just has to be tidy and yet the moment I make a tidy spot, that spot is literally messy again within the hour. And in truth, it often as not facilitates yet another item to be crossed off the "to do" list. I have been working hard at lightening up about it all and trying to see more of the beauty in all the chaos. I think of the Malvina Reynolds song "Little Boxes" running through my head and the words...

Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky-tacky,
Little boxes, little boxes,

Little boxes, all the same.

There's a green one and a pink one

And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky-tacky

And they all look just the same.

And I look across at the overpriced leaky condos across the river and I am glad that I don't live in a box and we are doing something different. Greig took some new tenents out for a boat ride the other day and so I am now just getting round to posting them as we didn't have our internet running and the new modem arrived and has been installed. YEA!! Happy boats.

The last pic of the sunken boat is the Pineleaf. Nice wooden fishboat about 80' I think, that sunk up the river this winter as nobody was looking after the pumps and it filled up with rainwater. Greig has mentioned ambitions of raising this one too. I am trying to convince him that perhaps we've enough to do.

No comments: