Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Meanwhile...over on the Wendy Ann II

I just had to ask Seb and Bee, who own the tug Wendy Ann II over the hills and across the puddle in the UK, if I could post this picture of their welder Robin. How he managed contorted himself into that nasty hole to weld bits of metal, breath and SEE is beyond me?

Yes, those are his feet at the top of the picture.

Talk about an atomic wedgie!

I though it was mad when the Mad Canadian was getting all mucky taking out the old fuel tanks on the Bowie but I know I just couldn't see Dave wedging himself into such a postion for US. Well, removing that fuel tank was mucky and S & B have it looking mighty clean in there.

And I know for a fact that there is no way in hell the Viking could ever physically wedge his very wide shoulders into such a tight spot since he is built like a "brick outhouse."

Yes, I am very impressed. Heck I wanna buy the fellow a beer for doing that.

1 comment:

rob said...

Unfortunately if you can`t see what you are welding you can`t weld correctly!

When I think that the first rule of any welding job is get yourself comfortable before you start Wow!

If he`s the same welder and fabricator that TZ uses? he brilliant!( opinion based upon what I have seen in the photos of his work on TZ`s site)