Wednesday, November 21, 2007

So the other day...

Well, it was a few weeks ago truth be told. I have some smaller 4 x 5 rugs scattered about in the Main Salon on the Bowie. The place needed cleaning and I lifted up the rugs to go shake them and give them a beating when under one, I discovered a very squashed mouse.

Yes, it was freshly squeezed.

So some big galoot (Greig thinks it may have been him), must have come along with Mousie hiding under the rug and not realizing, actually stepped on it.

Now to not even notice that is a bit of a mystery don't you think? I mean unless you are wearing some big steel toed clod hoppers and are moving fast maybe that is something you wouldn't notice. But Greig doesn't and he just doesn't move that fast.

I mean, if there was an egg underneath the rug and I stepped on it I think I would notice it. Surely a mouse, though a bit squishier and without the telltale crack of the shell, well, I still think I would FEEL it under my boot.

Another mystery for the pile.

6 comments:

Jelaina said...

Hahaha I just read your post! that is awesome. i had just finished setting the trap up again (After setting it off myself) and within 5 minutes... I swear! *snap* oh the satisfaction of knowing you are protecting your food supply...

rob said...

Poor old mousey! good job you aren`t in more tropical climes, what with all those Capibarras, you could break a leg even :o))

bowiechick said...

Oh ya, never thought of those.

kixie500 said...

It can happen. Reminds me of the time that the Kinettes here raffled of a day of housecleaning which was won by an old widower in his eighties. When the girls went to clean off his couch they removed anold covering blanket from it first and there was one very dead and flattened out mouse!

bowiechick said...

Mum!!! you finally made a comment! Wahoolie!

Jamie said...

Weird...I'm queasy just thinking of it...must be the pregnant thing...bleagh.