Monday, July 14, 2008

Transitions


Sorry for the crappy quality of these pics. I only just discovered my night setting on the camera which rocks, by the way. (I am no Steve who can make simple images look like absolute works of art. Which is why HE is a professional photographer and I am a hack.)

It is taking forever to move stuff. A more horrible timing of all this couldn't be had with our ever busy summer work schedules. Ah well, I've biked to work once and I know there will be more of that to come. We're living without hydro as the application is still in process and we knew it was going to take a while but that is OK. The stove is propane as is my hot water tank so I can take a shower or cook something if I need to. Not that I have any time to cook these days I can whip up a grill cheese sandwich if the grumblies take over. I am hardly at home at the moment anyway so I think I am about three weeks into the six-eight week wait for the application process. We won't be so short of hydro here either.

Toby is happy cat as there are no d.o.g.s about. He is out and about exploring more and is sporting a lovely grease smear from somewhere. The Sea Ferring is in place in the boathouse (Mt. Kleeman) and I am hoping to get at some deck work on it whilst we have it in that shed.

We're getting there. Greig thought it would take longer to get to work from New Westminster. In fact it is faster for Greig to get to work from Sather though we are a bit further east. By taking the freeway to the Oak Street bridge we bypass all that cross town traffic. It would take a half hour to Granville Island from Mitchell Island and now it is only 15 minutes from Sather to Granville Island.

Sweet!

8 comments:

rob said...

Hi Tana! thanks for the piccies they are great! I think you will be very happy there?
Take care!

bowiechick said...

Oh I think that I will. There are just more services within walking distance and I biked again to work today. Finding time to get the exercise I need is so tough and it only takes me 20 minutes one way. Great way to kill two birds...

rob said...

Good on you! I am suffering from a chesty cough so I`m almost back to square one with my running but as soon as it clears I will be out again.

rob said...

Oh! do mind how you go on your bike! I say this as over here around my marina and associated city are white painted bycycles, chained to railings and fences etc where people have been killed at that spot and there are a suprising amount of them so far.
It certainly made me think when I pedal like mad out of the marina on route for Brighton without a helmet. I really must get one.

bowiechick said...

Yes, I do have a helmet and I try to stick to the designated bike paths.

Anonymous said...

Pictures...#1 rule...clean lens....#2 rule hold the camera steady...and not out at arms lenght where they tend to bobble as you press the button to take the picture.just some friendly tips from the other side of the country....Tony,St.Anthony.ps. I saw 2 camper vans today from BC.Seems we are being discovered by the tourist masses....we have icebergs/whales and lots of fresh cool ocean breezes...right off the Labrador current....it's great....sorry for the ad...got carried away I guess.

bowiechick said...

Yes well one can only be so stable when you are bouncing along going 22 knots...

steve said...

Not 100% sure from the various posts what's going on with all the upheaval for you guys but you seem to be headed for a happier situation which is great. I'd love to see a set of pictures sometime showing the various boats that you have, it sounds like you have a bit more of a manageable situation now.
Photo-wise, i think they're pretty good considering the time of day and the fact that you were on a moving boat! If your camera has, somewhere in the options, an ISO setting, then you can use that for when it's darker, 100ISO for normal daytime and then a higher number as it gets darker.