Monday, September 08, 2008

Log boat

This one is for you Will!

It was anchored out in English Bay the other day. I had assumed this was one of Seaspan's but when I looked up those vessels on Seaspan's site here, that it is a different ship all together.

Seaspan's tip over and dump out the logs which I have never seen done but just told about it and you can see that in the roll-over pics on their site.

Not often that I see ships out at anchor with the raw logs on deck however, though we send so much of our raw log exports to foreign shores.

2 comments:

Rodeo Princess said...

Very Very cool picture of the log boat! I added you to my blog list - I love it!

rob said...

Wood products here are rising in price. It seems that China are hogging the market with their bustling economic growth. Nice photo of the log boat.