With Mama and Papa Laliberte on the Sea Ferring, and Papa being an unemployed carpenter, we set about ripping apart the Sea Ferring just after Christmas. Heck of a time to do so but the Laliberte's were total keeners and well, what else were we going to do anyway but keep on renovating?
It was something I've wanted to tackle for sometime but the round tuit's never materialized. It perpetually smelled terribly musty and moldy in there and, notwithstanding the constant leaks too that it all became TIME to do it.
There were two walkways down the side that were the prime collectors of water. I wanted those eliminated as the windows always got covered up and we had a huge 5'x5' skylite in the centre. I figured we could always add more skylites if we wanted to in the future anyway. The interior had lovely panelling work that had been a light oak colour and got re-stained in a darker reddish mahogany. I saved as much of the oak mouldings and trim to put back on it when the walls go back up and we're flush enough again to do so too.
We've now replaced the roof and we're finally sealing it up again. New walls are going up and we're adding more electrical outlets and potlites for the ceiling. So, here are some of the before pictures.
And some more progress shots here. I took these a couple of weeks ago when we were all socked in with the fog. There are some neat shots here.