Wednesday, July 29, 2009

God trumps South Africa

I am a bit tardy in posting these photos but I have to say that last Saturday night's Fireworks, with South Africa on deck, was one of the most phenomenal experiences I've ever witnessed. And really South Africa did a fine show but it didn't hold a candle to the sunset thunderstorm out in the middle of the chuck.


Heading out in a fine warm drizzle.

Looking back toward the West End and out popped out a rainbow.

The rain kept up and I really thought it would all just pass over quickly to cool things off...

...but it stayed, and so has the humidity. Really I can't do this justice as even the air was glowing orange. It was a most blessed light that moved many of us.

Lucky. Wish you'd been there.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Nice shots, T. Brock and I were both impressed with the light.