Saturday, April 24, 2010

Boat sale #3: the MV Hari Mai

It is with happiness I proclaim the Hari Mai is now officially sold! Though I really loved this boat - and though we only owned it for a few years it really is synonymous with Rod, aka Harry Man, from whom we purchased it from. Rod took care of it lovingly for about ten years I think.  When he married a few years ago and he and his wife were expecting he was very anxious to have it sold for little Ester was only a few months away.  I think it will always be my favorite of the smaller ones we've had. It had a Grey marine gas engine that ran like a sewing machine and really quite economical on the fuel.  I  prefered its slower cruising than the bone jarring speed/noise of a faster boat.

I have fond memories of you forever Hari Mai!

7 comments:

Matt Tirabassi said...

Ha! One of the smaller ones indeed. Such pretty lines. I hope the new owners appreciate it.

bowiechick said...

Thanks Matt. Nice to hear from you again. It is a pretty vessel.

Andrew said...

Never new you were such a boat girl. Ya learn something cool everyday (if you try).

rob said...

Hi Tana! Congratulations on your successfull sale! gone but not forgotten eh! like most boats should be, before the bankrupt their owners :o))

Kat said...

Aww! good thing for you, was an awesome boat!!

Jamie said...

Congrats, again. She really is a little gem, but I'm grateful for the simplification of your life!

Don R said...

Don't know how I found this blog but I owned the Hari Mai from 1979 to 1985. Many happy family trips up the coast in her. She was built by Art Pilling in (I think) the '60's for his own use. Art was a boat builder who built Artcraft boats. Good to see she has another life.