Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A dose of reality and the TV show that almost was.

Back in September of 2006, we filmed a TV pilot with life on the Bowie and our little social experiment as the background for the plot. Greig had a friend named Kate from acting school, who was getting into producing at at the time and doing so for Paperny Films. We felt there was much craziness that happened that none of us could have ever dreamed up left to our own devices. She pitched it to the powers that be and one day in September she showed up with a crew and we did a day of it. Some 14 hours of video was shot and couple of months later she presented us with a DVD. At one time I had lots of copies and even stored on my computer. Then the big computer died and alas no more backups were about.


I've been gently prodding her from from time to time to post it on YouTube so that I can link it to my blog. But her producing career has taken off and she has been busy doing so many things, like her own production company, Kate Green Productions.


Surprise! I am so excited to be finally able to say, here is the LINK!


Yeah, this is what we did. Thanks so much Kate!















3 comments:

snowbiker said...

Hey, that's a great promo! Thanks for sharing it; I sent it around to some friends because it does capture some of what I've read here on your blog. It's so funny to see a snapshot in time back to around when I first found your blog.
Thanks again,
-erik in Boston

bowiechick said...

Thanks Erik! It is absolutely that.

Sue Ellen said...

Love this! I am so glad to see the non-sheep of the world.
Sue
www.sailingsunline.com